WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, July 19, 2010

Drake's Interview Outtakes with Paper Magazine


Drake always seems to be down to Earth & he's always on his "cool, calm & collected" bit, which I admire about him. Paper Magazine did an interview with him in June but, left out some interesting outtakes released today. Check it out below:

//Drake: "I have an extreme desire to get back into acting and I've been in conversations non-stop about what kind of projects I'm going to pick, who I'd like to work with and things of that nature."

He states that he doesn't want to do the "basketball movie" or "typical black film" but, would actually love to do the Barak Obama story, should it get the greenlight...

//Drake: "I hope somebody makes a movie about Obama's life soon because I could play him. That's the goal [laughs]. I watch all the addresses. Anytime I see him on TV, I don't change the channel, I definitely pay attention and listen to the inflections of his voice. If you ask anyone who knows me, I'm pretty good at impressions." [Hmm, that would be interesting.]

He refuses to lose his cool in any situation...

//Drake: "I wake up and I'm scared to flip my phone over because I don't know what songs have leaked or what girl has said what about me. I don't let it show because I care too much about the people around me and I need them to feel like I'm solid."

Other interesting tid-bits:
#1: Drake admits that he stopped going on the computer [I guess he Twitters by phone], due to the negativity out on the web. He says if even 100 people said all positive things about his music and [just] one person said anything negative, his attention would focus on that one comment. And he states it's a common problem. I just think it goes to show how passionate he is about his work.--> "Negativity hurts us more than positivity helps us." - Drake

#2: He had a shrine "dedicated" to Andre 3000 made, which he still has in his apartment today. It's a door covered with verses from the Outkast rapper himself. DOPE!

You can check out more of the interview outtakes in the article, "Drake on Overexposure, Staying off the Internet and Playing Obama", here.

Read the full article, "Dream Date", from Paper Magazine, here. It talks about February 13, 2009, the day that practically changed Drake's life [release of So Far Gone mixtape] & his rise to where he is now in the game. It's a pretty good read.

Even by watching his MTV documentary, Better Than Good Enough, you can tell how bad he wants it. I really admire the fact that he is constantly improving himself and very critical of his work. I respect the fact that he puts effort and thought into his verses, and is always trying to deliver the best verse he can. I digg it.

[Source: PAPERMAG]

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this article!!
    Aubrey Graham is that dude lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...thanks Lashi and yes he is!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I wanna hear...