WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, July 19, 2010

Mr. Rozay, Teflon Don, & Biggie?


You think your who--Big Meech? Larry Hover?
Rick Ross has been getting a lot of buzz lately. With two super hott singles, "Superfly" and now "Blowin' Money Fast", it's clear that Rick Ross is going to top the charts--Or is it? You be the judge.

//Rick Ross & Biggie, Similar??
Ross raps, "Biggie Smalls in the flesh/Living Life after my Death--" [Tears of Joy]
Read the article "Living Out Notorious B.I.G's Dream" here.

One article pointed out that they shared the same manager [Diddy], wear shades 24/7, used trademark grunts, & if you take the size as factor, I guess you could have something there. *IMO, NEVER.

The other side...[[Diddy also addressed the litany of blogs aimed at him and his association with Rick Ross. “I want to make it clear that I never compared [Rick] Ross to Biggie—there’ll never be another Biggie,” he said. “I feel like [Rick Ross] really just begun. He has a great sense of musicality and he’s from a different space. He’s an exciting artist…and he has a long way to go before he reaches greatness, but he’s on his way."]] [Source - XXL]
...WELL, I guess that clears that up!!

//Album Reviews:
Both Culture Bully & NY Times offers a review of the album. There a lot of features from BIG stars: Drake, Erykah Badu, T.I., Chrisette Michele, Cee-lo, some guy named Jay-Z and more.

Also speaks on hott tracks such as "Free Mason" which Jay-Z lyrically proves once again that he is not the devil---["B----, I’m red hot/I’m on my third six, but a devil I’m not"]. "Tears of Joy" is also dope feat. Cee-lo. Much respect to that introduction by Huey Newton too.

Read more here (Culture Bully) & here (New York Times).

The review fails to rate the album [due to Ross' lack of lyrical substance] but ends..."If you measure the album on its ability to showcase a non-stop flow of tremendously tight beats, mixed in with some consistent contributions from some of today’s biggest names, and capped off by a memorable showing on the mic from The Boss, Teflon Don is scoring high."

Oh yeah, you can also preview the album for FREE [HERE] on Rick Ross' official Myspace. Get your listen & judge for yourself.

*Based off these reviews it's safe to say that "Free Mason" and "Tears of Joy" are bonafide songs. The joint with Kanye is dope too but, that's just me. I've been listening to it and from what I've heard on the preview, it's decent. I think a lot of his beats compensates for his lyrics. Like the track itself is bigger than his lyrical substance. But, that's just me. I would say it's worth the buy though.

//[Ross & Cee-lo working on "Tears of Joy" in the studio]


The album, Teflon Don, will be out this Tuesday, July 20th, 2010.
#wtf are they yellin? ROZAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...