WELCOME

WELCOME

Friday, September 4, 2009

Think Before You Speak Campaign

I saw this commercial on tv a couple weeks ago but, I'm just getting around to posting it. The message is simple, we need to stop insulting the gay community with insults such as "that's so gay". Its demeaning. Although, I'm not gay, I do respect everyone as the humans they are. You might not think that one small remark could be so hurtful but, in reality, it can.

[Think B4 You Speak Ad - this one got my attention quick]


Another [TBYS Ad w/ Wanda Sykes]...you know she had to represent :)


Just for thought: You ever realize how many times you question someone's sexuality? It's like its the Heterosexual vs. the Anti-heterosexual (Homosexual, Bisexual, or what have you). Everybody asks (& I have been guilty as well) whether so and so is "gay". You know, like this: "Is he gay? He looks & talks gay!". But, have you ever thought about how many times the gay community gossips whether or not someone is straight? They don't. Or if they do it's no where near the amount of times we question them to be homosexual.

In other words: Gay people don't sit around talking about straight people being heterosexual, so why should we carry on such childish behavior??

Just think on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...