WELCOME

WELCOME

Friday, August 14, 2009

Nostalgic Saturday: "The Cosby Show"


Feelin' good, so I decided to hit ya' with a double take of 'Nostalgic Saturday'. It was bound to happen since, I love this show! I'm talking about 'The Cosby Show'. A show that inspired me to become a Doctor. Then Ob/gyn, now Dermatologist. It wasn't too often that we saw a successful African-American family that went through real problems w/ the rest of them. So, sit back && enjoy this post for all of you that loved this show, b/c I'm having a blast just posting this.

What do you remember most about the Cosby Show? For me, it was all the antics of none other than Dr. Cliff Huxtable. For him to be a grown man, a father, && a doctor, he sure had his share of tricks. I can't even count how many times he got caught by Claire b/c he snuck and ate a bag of chips, dessert, or broke something in the house.

CHOCOLATE CAKE & CLIFF///Ha, remember when he got caught eating Claire's freshly baked chocolate cake && tried to blame it on sweet lil' Olivia? Priceless, I'll tell ya.///


I mean, how are you really going to stuff a cake w/ a paper towel. Seriously?!

THE DUMBEST THING///Next, whenever I think of "The Cosby Show", I think of all of the catch phrases, which mostly came from Cliff again. Favorite to date [to Theo]: "That's the dumbest thing I've everr heard in my life. It's no wonder why you get D's in everything!" [I was rolling off that!] && every time Theo said something stupid like that, he said it again! *Check it at around the 2:50 mark.///



'NESSA'S WILD NITE///Oh, & who could 4get the night Vanessa went to a concert in Brooklyn && her tickets got stolen so she couldn't even see 'The Wretched' perform. Claire was too heated! She reminded me of my mom. You know how you try to say something back, after your parents clearly ask you a question, && they tell you "Did I tell you, you could speak?". That pretty much sums up this clip. Check Cliff's face too. He doesn't even bother to compete w/ Claire's "rage", LOL. Reminisce here (lil' over 2min.). [make sure to open in a new window]///

GETTIN' KNOCKD' UP///Remember, that bad dream Cliff had...about him, Theo, && Martin being pregnant? Yes, pregnant!! && the funny thing was they weren't having babies but, silly things. You know hoagies, & cars & boats oh my! Reminisce here (less than 2min). [make sure to open in a new window]///

A few flixs that may stir up some memories:

[Who ever designed Theo's shirt [Denise] deserved to be shot!]

[One word{in Rudy's voice}: Bud!!]
[Wimp. He always ran out on every scene.]

[Rudy holding Cliff's nose to make the proper 'Big Bad Wolf' sound.]

[That pregnant scene I was talking about earlier, this is it. Funny!]
[I CRINGE @ just the sight of this pic b/c Vanessa couldn't play one lick of that Clarinet!]


[Some of the cast of "The Cosby Show" at the reunion on The Today Show earlier this year.]

....okay, I'm all Nostalgic'd out for now [I know, it's not a word]. I hope you enjoyed that.

What were some of your favorite episodes/scenes/catch-phrases from the show? [Lemme hear it.]
(Source: Pic 1-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, && 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...