WELCOME

WELCOME

Friday, August 14, 2009

Nostalgic Saturday: What were some of your first cds?


I'm listening to Sammie's first cd. It came out in 2000. Amazingly, I still have all of my cds && in good condition, except for the cd booklet [those are worn out!]. The majority of my cds, when I was younger, were R&B albums. Some of them include: [* soundtrack]

Monica - The Boy Is Mine

Christina Aguilera - Christina Aguilera

Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It

Sammie - From The Bottom To The Top
featured song, "I Like It" -->
-I remember everyone used to request this song at the Skating Rink.

Bow Wow - Puppy Love

Various Artists - All That The Album*

Aaliyah & various artists - Romeo Must Die * [own all of Aaliyah's]
3LW - 3LW

Destiny's Child - Writings On The Wall [own them all]

TLC - Crazy, Sexy, Cool [own them all]
featured song, "Waterfalls" -->

Nelly - Country Grammer

...As you can see, Hip-Hop was virtually non-existent in my life until I got into middle school.

Hip-Hop is mostly my collection now.

So, tell me, no matter how embarrasing they may seem, what were some of your earliest cds?

[don't just read && leave me hanging, I want to know.]

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I give you Sisqo. His flamboyant self could actually sing. But stealing a poster? Lmao!! I would've died laughing had I seen that! Yea, when Moesha came out Brandy was all that, lol! Yep, Donell too && he is cute too. I loved that song he did w/ Left-Eye too. OMG, Boys II Men! How could I forget. I loved them too! "Boys to men, ABC, BBD, the east coast fam-ily!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol wow...I think some of my first cds are def embarrassing. I think my first two cds were The Spice Girls and Brittany Spears.
    I remember when I got TLC's Fanmail cd and I was singing 'Silly Ho' around my bro and he was like what you said, I repeated of course, and he was like don't say that word again.
    As much as I listen to some hip-hop/rap I don't have many rappers cds. I always listened to my brother's stuff. But I think Nelly's Nellyville may have been the first.
    My first R&B where Aaliyah & Blaque & Brandy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is embarrassing. I had the Britney Spears cd too, I can't even lie. Anf u def. weren't the only one [at a young age] singing "Silly Ho". We know good and well we were too young but, it was too catchy to resist!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I wanna hear...