WELCOME

WELCOME

Saturday, August 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

I woke up this morning && had to do it. So, Happy Birthday Michael Jackson. Though, I'm a "late bloomer" && just really got into his music, I can say that I've seen 'the light' to his music, so to speak. A v-jay on the radio this morning said he was "one of the best". I beg to differ because, Michael was THE BEST! No if, ands, or buts about...he was! Today, I also went out & bought his most successful album, Thriller (25 Anniversary Edition). Even though, I knew the majority of the songs [except one], I had to buy it. I mean for God sake "Human Nature", "Lady In My Life", && "P.Y.T" all one ONE album && it's not the greatest hits!! BTW, did you know Thriller sold over 110 Million albums? && the runner up isn't even close! [Who am I kiddin, of course you knew!]

Today is a day of tribute to the BEST who ever did it.

//John Mayer's rendition of "Human Nature" at MJ's memorial service [Just beautiful artistically.]//


Did you know Michael could draw as well? There is word that his drawings will be published & have been in the works even before his passing. This one in particular is from the Thriller album. It looks like Paul McCartney & Michael tugging at a woman to represent their song, "The Girl Is Mine" [<---That's the one song, I didn't know about.]


//Michael had a sense of humor. [FYI: There will be no sappy stuff 2day, atleast on here, no sir :)] He could be hilarious when he wanted to.//

[He talked about how he went through "hell on tour", his love of super-soakers, && even calls the camera guy a "dimwit" for zooming all in his face @ 4:53. LOL at "How close are you---can you see chest?". && I'm mad they kept pushing him into the pool too even after he washed up again! Funny stuff!]

//Ok, here's one of MJ in the car dancing to R.Kelly's "Ignition". I have watched this over and over && it never gets old. [Shoot, he better get it in that car!!!]//


After his passing, Michael's face has been on every magazine imaginable. But, more recently his face has graced the cover of GQ, which has stirred up some controversy due to the quote "When Michael Jackson was cool". [I'm kinda givin' the side eye to that myself]

But, here are some other magazine covers Michael has graced, which are also great!







I love you && your music. May you live in our hearts forever.
August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009.
[Rest Peacefully]

(Source: Pic 1 & 2)
(Source: Magazine Covers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...