WELCOME

WELCOME

Friday, November 6, 2009

Most Definitely: Wale is about to BLOW!!

I LOVE WALE. I rock with dude all day every day. Like I've said before, and I'll say it again, he is a fresh breath air that we drastically NEED in Hip-Hop. The album drops November 10th (next Tuesday) and although I'm a self-proclaimed "broke college student", I will, I REPEAT, WILL be copping this album.

Because the beginning of the BET's Hip-Hop awards bored me to death, I NEVER watched the entire show, meaning I missed Wale's performance. But, here it is below.


//Wale rips the stage w/ my joint "Pretty Girls"


Ok back to it.

//XXL's "Attention Deficit" Album Review
Wale's album is broken down, as well as how he got started in the game. The review compares Wale's rise to fame to President Obama, and states how he chooses to speak on other issues besides the ones usually covered (i.e money, women, jewelry).

EXCERPT: "What Wale manages to avoid is regurgitating the same frivolous concepts and mundane subject matter that so many rookies feast on. In fact, on the Ronson-helmed “90210,” he boldly touches on females suffering from bulimia and coke addictions (“She throws up whatever she eats/She leave the bathroom with her nose bleed/She live her whole life like TV/And she do anything for everything”)."

It's a pretty good read.

(Check out XXL's review
here)

Also, I strongly encourage that you preview the album
here. I'm telling you, these 30 second previews are on point! Wale is something that I have never heard from before & this definitely confirms that. If you do nothing at all, check this out.

Seriously, Dude is about to BLOW.

Once again the album drops next week TUESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...