WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, October 12, 2009

Photography: The Diamond Celebration (Jay-Z)

You may not know, just like I didn't, that this year marks the 10th anniversary of Jay-Z's clothing line, Rocawear. It all started in 1999. Man it seems like time breezes by!! But, as I was on his site for all of his endeavors, I spotted some dope photography. The photography is to (I'm guessing) celebrate the anniversary as well, as the site is campaigning "The Diamond Celebration" heavily.

Check some of the photos below. I urge you to remove your opinions, and see the art for it's aesthetic.

//"All Black Everything--"

[I love this chick's edge!! Remember Omahyra Mota from Jay's "Change Clothes" video. The dress & peep toe boots are 2 die for!!]

//"While I'm watchin every ni**a watchin me closely--"

[That big fist in the background kinda threw me off but, It shows a more cotemplative Jay looking at his reflection in the mirror. It's in black & white so, I think it's dope.]

//"I'm your physician, I'm your addiction--"

[Aside from the fact that he is half naked, the background caught my attention. It's very clean cut & tidy. Everything is in it's place && that sits right with me.]

//"Like, Prada blouse, Gucci bra/ Filth marked jeans, take that off--"

[Not really sure who the model is but, the pic is just dope. It looks very liberating. Not just the fact that home gurl is missing her top but, the fact that she's outside. It looks like morning over there. I can digg it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...