WELCOME

WELCOME

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

THE DOPEST HIP-HOP SAMPLE: ISAAC HAYES "LOOK OF LOVE"


I have posted this sample before here, along with some other Hip-Hop samples that I love. But, this one by far is THE best. The DOPEST. The smoothest sample I've EVER heard. && I loved it when Jay took the song && made "Can I Live". That song stays on repeat 4rm Reasonable Doubt.

...BUT enough of that...

So, VH1 aired the Hip-Hop Awards tonight to celebrate 25 years of Def Jam. To be honest, like truthfully, It was "aite". It was definitely not as spectacular as I thought it would be. Maybe it's because I didn't realize it was an entire tribute to Def Jam. But, then again the performers were amazing. Meth(exception), Mary, Public Enemy(exception), Wale (exception), Warren G all performed but, It didn't seem like they were hittin' hard like they should have been which brings me back to my opinion that "Last year's VH1 Hip-Hop Awards was way better". I remember watchin' the tribute ITSELF && gettin' emotional because it was just sooo dope.


YOU GOTTA' SEE IT 2 FEEL WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!

//Last year's tribute to Isaac Hayes (VH1 Hip-Hop Awards) f/ Mos Def, The Roots, Cee-Lo, Estelle && Scarface. [* it takes a while to load but, TRUST it's sooo worth watching. Open up a new tab or somethin', find somethin' 2 do for 10 mins. && come back... ]

...what did I say? Just unbelievable. That's why I love Hip-Hop right there.

The video explains it all. Now why couldn't this year's show be just as good!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...