WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tupac Shakur, Our Activist



Tabitha Soren: "A lot of people would characterize your music as gangsta rap. Do you?"
---
Tupac: "No. Marlon Brando is not a 'gangsta' actor, he's an actor. Axl Rose & them are not gangsters. --I'm a rapper, this is what I do. I'm an artist."

An intimate interview w/ Tupac: [Throughout the interview, they take a walk around Venice Beach & discuss his beginning, his first job, the controversy, double standards in the industry, plays her some of his music, and talks about how he has grown over the years.]



* The clip is cut short but, he finishes up to say how he wants another chance to not be remembered for taking 5 shots but, to be remembered as a survivor.

[Tupac on the set of 'Poetic Justice'//Behind the scenes]


What I loved most about Tupac was a quality instilled deep inside of him. He was a vulnerable person & sensitive. It's unfortunate that the media was blinded to see that every time he spoke out, he was speaking out for us [African Americans]. He wasn't perfect but, he wanted society to know that America wasn't either & a definite change had to happen. As an artist, I always thought of him as an activist. People couldn't accept the fact that he wrote 'Brenda's Got A Baby' & then flipped the script & came out w/ "I Get Around". It was like he was supposed to be immortal or something. But, to me he was a beautiful person. & every time I watch an interview or watch "Tupac: Resurrection", I feel like we were robbed of such an impactful voice. No matter what people thought, or accused him for. No matter how many times he spat at a camera crew or went ballistic, we knew him for what he was. He was human, & no one is perfect.

You will 4ever remain in my heart & remain the best rapper that ever lived.

(Pic from: Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...