WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not What It Used To Be

Remember, when male groups existed longer than this sentence? When they didn't fight over minuscule things and break up, leaving millions of fans into devastation before they even reached their peak? That was the 90's. I'm a music junkie & even though I was young, I've been listening to what they call 'baby making music' for the majority of my life. Two R&B groups notably recognized for this style of music were Silk & Jodeci. My mother didn't exactly put me on but, the cds I found through out the house definitely enhanced my interest.
I used to love the high notes the two guys in Silk could hit. && with Jodeci, I loved their whole swagger. The outfits, the boots, the shades, ad libs, all of it! Both groups knew how to serenade the ladies, not beg [Keith Sweat!]. Loved them.

Silk's Notable Songs:
1. Freak Me
2. I Can Go Deep
3. Lose Control
4. Meeting In My Bedroom
5. If You

Reminisce: [Silk - "Lose Control"]
Jodeci's Notable Songs:
1. Stay
2. Forever My Lady
3. Come & Talk To Me
4. Freakn' You
5. Feenin'

Reminisce: [Jodeci - "Forever My Lady"]

*BTW, every time I think/hear "Forever My Lady", I think about the episode "Forever Sheneneh"on Martin here. Check at the 1:25 mark, it's hilarious!

[You have to know at least 3 songs on each list. If you know them all, then you know EXACTLY where I'm coming from with this.]

Now, that I think about [& by the titles of their songs alone], I probably shouldn't have been listening to their music, esp. at the age I was.

Just a thought: Yes, Pretty Ricky had their shot at it & had a good little run w/ their career but, it will never be the same IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...