WELCOME

WELCOME

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Respect Issue

Today I had a little run in w/ someone. It wasn't a brawl [oh no!] but, a verbal dispute, as I would call it.

What about you ask? Respect!

Ok, anndd... Well, if you don't know me by now, know that I could care less what you think of me.

Really, I don't care. I'm not losing sleep over any one's personal derogatory thoughts. They're yours, and you are entitled to them. But, you will RESPECT me! You will at least ACT like you have active brain cells & the intelligence to not resort to ignorance. You will treat me as your EQUAL, not your sidekick or the butt of all your jokes. I'm not a game. I don't expected to be played around with like a frivolous child-like thing. That's not me & never will be.

You see, I don't know what EARTH you think this is but, 'round here [where I'm at] women don't play that. But I guess [immature] grown men do. Get it together!

I had to kinda set something straight because I swear some of these young boys don't know how to treat a lady, let alone talk to one. & for one, NOBODY is going to disrespect me because, they feel they can. RESPECT is not an emotional thing. It's not dependent on your mood. Respect is never-ending, not condescending [similar to your antics]. It's not a 'now or later-I'll give it to ya when i think so' type of thing. Nah brother, it ain't that.

It's an every day thing. It's of the Time. && It will be given. [believe that.]

2 comments:

  1. It's sad to say that some women in this generation have not taught there sons OR daughters about respect. But these dudes take it TOO far, they're all about showing out to impress other dudes (which is actually kinda gay if you think about it). But I digress, those are the people you just have to shut down and move on to the next victim. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. True gurl. & then after they dis-respect you, they act if nothing happened & try to start a conversation w/ you. Uhh...no! I really makes me wonder, it really does.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I wanna hear...