WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, July 16, 2009

How to get THEM to look Twice: Doc Marten [Boots]

Recently, I've been really adament about finding 'the' boot to wear next Fall at school. I discovered a brand that even celebrities opt to wear. The brand is Doc Marten's and the boots are dope, to say the least.
I have always loved how a guy looks in his shoes. There is something about the way the jeans sit just right over the shoes. It's a swagger that shines through which captivates me. Take this picture of Kanye West. Now I know he can get a little out of hand but, you gotta admit, the dude knows a little something about clothes & the fashion industry. Not to mention he's a trendsetter in his own right. But, I was really inspired by his Timbs. It wasn't the fact he was wearing the boots itself but, in the way he "sported" them. I love it! I wanna do this next year with my look.



(Pic from: Concreteloop.com)

I think it's cool for women to get inspiration from men. I mean the boyfriend jean was a direct example of that. And I think a pair of sturdy boots that scream "I'm all about my business" would look great on any females foot, if done properly.

That's where we pay a visit to the Doc. Not Dr. Jay, Dre, or Pepper. (Sorry, I just had to clear that up!) Doc Martens is a brand well known for it's boots. What ever you want, they have it! Pastels, Industry, Tassels, or the original if you're a simple girl like myself.

Check a few of these fly boots out. Which, if I may add would look so perfect with a pair of colorful skinny jeans and a big shirt. Can't wait to snag my pair!



[Doc Martens Triumph 1914] --These would look so flyy as they are pictured, w/ just the tongue rolled down. I also love the plaid detail. I think this would be a great Winter boot & the height is just right to keep the feet warm & to look stylish with easy effort.


[Doc Martens Dm Triumph 1914] --I love the color on this one [almost like a slate grey] and the ribbon laces too. There's something different about them that really intrigues me.


[Doc Martens Triumph 1460] --These are my favorites but, they just so happen be sold out in my size. I can definitely picture these with some fitted/skinny jeans and a plaid blouse. Kinda like "sweet/sour". That ruggedness mixed w/ a hint of a feminine touch. [I pray these are not discontinued. Gotta have em!]

Like right after I discovered Doc Marten's (which was recently), Concreteloop did a post on DM's. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...