WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guess Who's Back && Comin Hard?!


New York has brought Hip-Hop a lot of great music. But Brooklyn?! Oh my God! I mean Biggie & Jay both hail from Brookyln. Not to mention Lil Kim, who IMO is still holdin it down for the ladies. But today one of Brookyln's Finest drops his fifth album or shall I say motion picture, as it is a concept album. Many artists have done a concept album. Even Jay tried it back in 2007 w/ the incredible "American Gangster". But today it's "Loso's Way" and as he would say it, "It's My Time".

Excuse me for not having this album already. Shame, shame on me because as I'm listening to it on Imeem, I'm seriously thinking that this is IT. This is going to be one of the best Hip-Hop albums of 2009 IMO. And what makes it even better is that "Throw It In The Bag" & "It's My Time", both of which are currently singles, aren't even the best songs on the album. [There is more!] A lot of times concept albums fall short, as if the artist is trying too hard to prove something but, that is not the case.

So far, on first listen "Feel Like I'm Back", "Salute", "Money Goes, Honey Stays" & of course "The Fabolous Life" are all hott! I have not skipped not ONE song yet.

I guess it's safe to conclude that he's really back and it's most definitely HIS time. Word.

Video: "It's My Time"
(Video from: HipHopblips.com)

(Pic from: IslandDefJam)

"If you happen to bump into the streets, can you please tell 'em I'm back?" - Fabolous

2 comments:

  1. I may have to investigate this. I only really rock to Fab when he comes out with a hot collabo, but I think it's time I check him out. That quote you pulled has me thinkin that he might really be bringin that fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, gurl I was about to cry in the car on how good the album is. It's real Hip-Hop. It's almost scary b/c that's pretty much non-existent at this point. Go check it out on Imeem and listen to it there [on his official Imeem]. Then you can decide for youself. You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I wanna hear...