WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, May 7, 2009

COLLEGE LIFE: FRESHMAN YEAR (CHECK!)

It's a Wednesday night and my official last day of my Freshman year in College was Tuesday. I have realized that a lot of my posts have been about fashion, food, tv, etc. But not a lot of the posts have come from me, from my heart. So, now that it's the Summer I have time to share that intimate side of me.

I'm gonna break it down into Semesters:

First Semester was great. It really was what every Freshman should experience. It was full of parties and late nights but, full of studying as well when I could find the quiet place to study (usually the study room on my floor). Orientation really amped me up for college and then when I got there It was real cool. The professors were all nice. I have yet to experience the professor that could give two sh--s about me. On average, all my professors were nice people who loved their profession. Regardless of my final grade, I still feel the same way. I went to my first real party in college and I handled it quite well. I went to the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed living "lavish" for the days I went. I've been like 4 times within my Freshman year. I liked the campus food at first but, as I got used to it, it grew old me....

When Second Semester rolled around, REALITY had moved in & settled. I realized that partying atleast twice a week wasn't going to cut it at ALL! So, I cut out a lot on that. I got on my grind and tried to bring my GPA up. (I still haven't seen my grades yet, I'm anxious to know tho.) I lost three of the closest friends I had on campus and I grew up quickly. For the first time I was faced with adversity and I had to Woman up and deal with it the best way I could. I was faced with being alone. This included eating alone, which at first I was nervous about and tried to hide this insecurity by bringing books into the cafeteria. But, as I got over that, I was able to only bring myself and I was content. I had gotten over it. Though I lost friends, I felt like I gained my identity at the end. I know who I am now, and what I want to be surrounded with, Positivity. I know God let that happen for a reason and because of HIM I have grown into a very independent person. I got a new position on campus with volunteer work for my Sophomore year, and I'm excited about embarking on that part of my life. I had always wanted to be involved but, I never took the time to do it. So, overall my first year was a growing experience. I had fun but, I also had my harder moments where I had to do what was best for me. In my case, It was about being independent and standing firm in what I believed in. I don't regret anything because I have learned so much about it all. Everything has it's lesson no matter how hard or difficult the mistake is to cope with. I'm successful. Not in the fact that I have money, but in that today I stand here (or currently, sit) stronger than I was before I entered college. In the future, I'm no longer looking for the baggage that used to bring me down in life but, I'm looking for people with positive outlooks who lift my spirit, and I the same. That's how I leave college & that's where I'm at right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...