WELCOME

WELCOME

Sunday, April 5, 2009

THINKFAST: Describe your "happy place"


(Picture from: Caro's Lines)

I was over at Mindbump in search of some blog prompts and I found a pretty good one:

"Describe your "happy place". What are the thoughts that help you escape from a stressful situation and calm you?"

I think being in college has had a great deal of influence on me because, I find myself working and studying all the time. Whether I'm eating, dead-dog tired, or whatever I'm always preparing for the next assignment. I try to live by the motto, "You can sleep when you're dead" and I know at times that can take a toll on me, in which only then do I take a nap.

So, often when I'm "breaking", I like to relax in simplicity. I've never been the person who ALWAYS had to go somewhere to be satisified. I can stay in a room and be content, as long as I'm watching a good show or on the computer, and I'm happy by that alone. Call me a "homebody", if you want but, simple things are okay by me.

So, my "happy place" is somewhere, anywhere, where it's just right for me. For instance, I remember sitting outside on campus and how peaceful that was. It was a beautiful moment, and I didn't have to answer to anyone or verbally explain my presence. It just was.

Often, when I listen to r&b soothing music, I feel alive. It's like stimulating a new pore. I can just play my I-Tunes or throw on my I-pod and listen. And I'm content.

That's another reason why I can't wait to get my first apartment. I'm ready to go out into the world and be an adult. I want to be able to pay all my bills and be responsible in all I do, and not rely on my parents. As for now, my home and my room are my "happy places" but, it's really a state of mind. I pride myself on not being drama oriented at this stage of my life. I don't like the heavy confusion it brings along. I like being able to go to sleep and my biggest worry isn't "what he/she said" but it's "what am I'm going to wear tomorrow?"


(Picture from: faeryboots *busy lady*)

Basically, my "happy place" is where I can be myself with no judgements and no questions asked. A place where I can listen to "Turn My Swag On" (Soulja Boy) but, vibe out to "Feel The Funk" (Immature) at the same time. A place where I can just stare out into the ceiling and think about what's in store for me. Somewhere where I only possess the key to, and only my soul can unlock. That's my "happy place".

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...