WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rick Ross Gets Burned in "Teflon Don" Album Review

Rick Ross' album, Teflon Don, dropped yesterday. I previewed the album on his official Myspace & thought it was worth the $10 so, I added it to the collection. It's not a bad album by any means, but, it's understandable that NOT everyone feels the same way.

As I was searching for a review of his album, I came across this one here, which completely destroys his album. The article addresses Ross' lyrical ability, [or lack there-of] a number of times, often stating that his features upstaged him on his own tracks. But when you have features like Jay, Kanye, and even Drake, what do you expect to happen?! With artists like that you better spit your hardest or risk being outshined outdone on your song.

Let's get into the heat!!
1. The Similarity of "Blowin' Money Fast" and "MC Hammer":
*I noticed this similarity myself even before reading this article. I was listening to "MC Hammer" and couldn't help but, realize that it sounds like another "BMF". I looked at the CD booklet, & discovered they are produced by the same producer, Lex Luger. I then said to myself, "If I was him, I wouldn't have chose both of those".

Article BURNS to say about "BMF"....["Um..yes, ‘glitzy fairy tales’ that only grew more fantastical by the bar to the point of utter hilarity as evidenced on the Earth-rattling banger “B.M.F (Blowin’ Money Fast)” where he thirstily attaches his legacy to notorious criminals Big Meech & Larry Hoover."]

2. "No. 1" feat. Trey Songz x Diddy:
First of all, Diddy takes over this song as he usually does w/ any other song. But, I think this song could have been left off myself. Second thought: Then the album would be down to just 10 tracks, so nevermind. Keep the filler.

Article BURNS to say...[--“No. 1” which definitely should’ve been Track #11 on the oft-delayed Dirty Money album, not Track #7 on the year’s ‘most-anticipated’ album."] WOW!

3. The Missing Case of Lyrical Substance:
Article BURNS to say that Ross' substance is a lot better than all of his previous albums but, he still is not immune to the lyrical forces of some of the BEST in the game.
["But, then again, I doubt anyone noticed Ricky’s never-ending flurry of anti-quotables (“If she died on my d*ck she would live through my rhymes”) or cared about T.I., Jada & Erykah’s ‘Maybach irrelevance,’ Gucci Mane’s uber-whack “MC Hammer” verse (“I’m MC Hammer…I put dat on my Gran’ma”) (or) Chrisette & Raphael Saadiq’s wasted talents due to the album’s impeccable production quality."]

How does the Article rate Teflon Don???
The writer closes with this to say the album "--won’t receive anything higher than 2.3/4 Stars from me for an overhyped, overrated, overdebated ‘audio movie experience’ with (again) no heart, substance or timeless appeal."
WELL DAMN!!

I still think the album is good for what it is. Sure, he gets "showed up" on his own songs but, the album is a good addition to the collection. But, this just goes to show you that my ears aren't everything.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON TEFLON DON???

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...