WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the BIG deal?


I want one now. A tattoo that is. I have been for some years but, I was #1: Never old enough, #2: Not serious about it, #3: Didn't have the money in addition to NOT being serious about it. But, now that I have lived 1/5 of a century on this great Earth, I am really considering it.

So here goes my story:

I want the "ankh" tattoo'd somewhere on my body, preferably somewhere that I can see easily. So, anything that requires a mirror such as my back isn't gonna work.

//[Why the ANKH?] I discovered the meaning of the ankh a year or so ago && it is an Egyptian symbol that means 'eternal life'....

"The Ankh Cross represents life (immortality) and death, male and female, balance. It can also represent zest, joy of life, and energy. It's closely related to the looped cross that can mean fertility and life."

*It looks similar to the regular cross but, is looped around the top.

...Anyways that's what I want.

//[Location?] As stated, I don't want a tattoo that I have to struggle to see. I want to be able to wake up in the morning and see it. So, I'm considering getting it done on my right hand on my 'ring' finger. When I was in middle school, I used to write things on my hand as a reminder to do something..."call such-and-such", "do this & that"...and now I want a symbol to remind me to simply "live life". In me describing this, you might not get the point of this tattoo but, that's fine. Because it's what I want and believe in that matters. I think a lot of times it's easy to lose sight of our blessings before us, such as life itself. We get stressed out and bothered my the smallest things and lose focus. And we need that reminder, or at least I do, to keep pushing on, && live life. There are other reasons that I could name why I want this specific tattoo but, that's the one that speaks to me the most. It's a creed we all have to live by.

I used to want a phoenix on my back to symbolize the obvious (rebirth, rejuvenation, etc) but, I'm not so sure anymore...simply because I don't think I will cherish it if it's on my back.

//[When?] I want to think this one through. A finger tattoo can easily be covered but, I don't want to rush and get it anywhere. I'm sure about what I want but, it's gonna take time altogether. Prob. when I hit the big 2-1, I will go && get it done. Until then I'll be thinking.

(Quote from:
here)

1 comment:

What do you think? I wanna hear...