WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Clipse: "They Whisperin' About Us..."


I like The Clipse. They are somethin' different for the ears. && they're always doing something real and organic, which I love.

//Pusha explains the correct way to promote The Clipse at In-store in Michigan/Live performance clip of "Kinda Like A Big Deal"

He's a funny dude...

Here's some excerpts from an interesting interview The Clipse did over at Complex.com:

[On their new album, Till The Casket Drops...]

Malice: "--This time around, everything is freer; we’re in a happier place. You can really hear the change in the music. Listen to “I’m Good.” You can feel it that we’re better. Definitely."

Pusha: "--We’re always about being different. I like to call this album hip-hop on steroids, because everything is to the third power. The flow, the sound, everything is just in your face, and driving. But I like rap where it is right now. I think everything is serving its purpose."

[The process of their albums...]

Malice: "Because we care about it, man. We can do everything they’re doing now. I mean, we can put out an album in a week. We can do that. But I wouldn’t be happy with it. I think our songs, our albums, singles, even the mixtapes, everything is handcrafted."

[The Destination...]

Pusha: "Being successful enough. Just having enough success to keep myself and everything around me happy. I don’t know if that comes in a number, I don’t know if that comes in a plaque, I don’t know what it is. If I can keep me and the crew around me happy, stable, and out of jail, then we good."

Malice: "For me it’s being able to look back at the body of work, and knowing that I stand behind it, being true to myself. The creativity that we have and the artistic value of our music, that’s what keeps us around."

//Reppin' their clothing line, Play Clothes/Live performance clip of "I'm Good"

"Im Good" is my song!! That's that flava' right there!!

Till the Casket Drops was pushed back from an early October release, to November 10th.

Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I wanna hear...