WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, August 17, 2009

Movie Monday: B*A*P*S

When I think of princesses I don't think of hair weaves & long nails. Let's just say these two B.A.P.S. are far from the Disney princesses we are accustomed to. But, I can't even front this movie was funny. Who knew Halle Berry could pull this off? You might be wondering what B.A.P.S means, especially if you haven't seen the movie. Well to clear that up it simply means, 'Black American PrincesseS.' I guess B.A.P. didn't have that special ring to it, so the 's' on the end was necessary.

Check a movie clip below where Halle Berry's character, Nisi, shows what she's working w/ at a dance audition. What was up with the special effects & sounds she was making?! & then at the end I was rolling off her 'etiquette book' & how she flipped the pages w/ her longs nails. Oh, the contrast in that!!! Enjoy :)


ROFL @ the butler who thought they beggars & slammed the door in their faces. I gotta get this on DVD...so many memories!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember the movie but, I can't really remember what it was about except for the fact they were fat, lol I gotta watch it again guess. && yes, Halle has quite the collection right? && i saw Losing Isaiah once...wasn't she on crack or something & lost her baby? I vaguely remember that movie. & Samuel Jackson was in it too, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i was waay off. Maybe it was Jungle Fever then.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I wanna hear...